Limassol beats: from chilling to partying. An in-depth guide
Limassol resonates with locals and tourists alike as being the epitome of nightlife and high-living. When a person, unaware of its beautiful hideaways, sets foot on the city for the first time is immediately told how immensely fortunate they are to have chosen this place! Indeed, Limassol is a colourful canvas of contrasting cultural elements and nightlife opportunities. Here at Ajax Hotel, we thought it would be nice to make up a list of the top 5 places which can offer you a varied experience of entertainment during your stay in the city. Well, here it is:
1. Saripolou square: The most bustling and loud cluster of clubs and bars in the old part of the city, commonly referred to as “Palia Lemesos”, is a wonderfully lit dancefloor with sharply contrasting musical spots throughout its covering area. From mainstream pop to alternative house and RnB, Saripolou will satisfy the musical tastes of every individual! We recommend a bar-hopping to fully experience its glory and idiosyncrasy. You can dance the night away in different styles and beats, without having to travel long distances! Just hop from one bar to another within the same square! Amazing, right?
2. Lady’s Mile Beach: So, you went out to Saripolou Square last night and stayed till the dawn of light. But, you are now a bit tipsy! What do you do? Well, we recommend taking a cab, if you’re not driving, and head to Lady’s Mile Beach. There, you’ll find a plethora of beach bars lined up against the shore. Again here, the options are many! You can lie back and enjoy the chill music as it fades into the background. When you are done chilling, stand up and walk up to the next bar for a different experience: you know, the one you had last night. Huge plus: Lady’s mile beach is amazing, offering crystal clear waters.
3. Palia Poli: As mentioned above, Limassol has Saripolou square which, on its own, is satisfying enough for the partygoers. But, not only! Palia Lemesos is filled with hidden gems tailored for the eclectics. From jazz to house and latin bars, Palia Lemesos asks you to walk it and listen carefully to its sounds. The fading sound of the music you love will guide you to its source. You will not be disappointed, if you promise to let go.
4. Paraliaki-ksenodohia: We transcribe it as it is pronounced to help that taxi driver make sense of where you want to go! The historic partying mecca where it all began. Now, it is in the process of retiring, but you still get some persisting spots which resist the immerging trend of Palia Lemesos. We think you should visit!
5. Limassol Marina: An exclusive seafront marina destined for the riches of this world; one might say. While this is not entirely mistaken, the marina is open to the public with several bars and cafes covering one certain area. The options here are more lounge for people who want to indulge in peaceful melodies while gazing at the deep blue sea. However, the DJs do turn up the volume every weekend, providing us with numerous dancing opportunities.
Limassol is bound to impress, whatever your type or taste or music. The hotel promises to assist you in the process! Feel free to bother us with anything! We are more than welcome to help!